Who I am...

Just more rambling from yet another homeschooling mom. I hope that I can honestly share my struggles and triumphs in this journey. I would love to inspire and encourage others, because if I can do it - so can you!!

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

schooling, cooking, baking, studying, working, photographing, eating, writing, playing, learning, praying, loving, imagining, creating, crying, hugging, laughing, giggling, mess-making, sleeping

The feeling of fall

I love the fact that every morning we have been awakening to a chill in the air, sleeping with blankets on, and wearing sweatshirts this week! I love that my husband brought home firewood last night. I love the cloudy skies, the rain, and the wonderful red tint some of the tree leaves are beginning to show. Fall is definitely my favorite season, especially so since we've moved to Colorado. In California we joked that there were 2 seasons; it is so enjoyable to experience each season in a unique way! I love the promise of snow that fall brings, yet the days are still clear and lovely for bike rides, hikes, and outdoor activities. Even though summer is fun, I find myself tolerating the heat less and less. While I enjoying playing outside in the water, riding bikes, picnics and barbecues, I miss my blankets, sweatshirts, and cozy fires.

Today we are going to go for a drive and enjoy the last remnants of summer. We might even go fishing or hiking. Who knows? But it will be a nice day to be together as a family, and store up a few more memories to carry us through 'til springtime.

The laundry will have to wait, the dishes will have to soak, and the floors will have to remain dusty for a few more moments; we are off on an adventure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment