Who I am...

Just more rambling from yet another homeschooling mom. I hope that I can honestly share my struggles and triumphs in this journey. I would love to inspire and encourage others, because if I can do it - so can you!!

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

schooling, cooking, baking, studying, working, photographing, eating, writing, playing, learning, praying, loving, imagining, creating, crying, hugging, laughing, giggling, mess-making, sleeping

Day 2 of COVA

Today we got our French curriculum online activated. Not sure how I feel about it yet. I think I like the Powerglide junior that we already own a little more. The stories and the voices are much easier to listen. And I am going to have to figure out how to get the girls to work on their french at the same time, because listening to the story twice each time might make me crazy!

We had a good time together today overall. Everything seems to be going fairly smoothly. I think I need to set up so that both girls are on the computer with headphones. It gets a little frustrating to go back and forth between the two rooms and the two computers. Perhaps as we settle in with the curriculum, Ainsley will be able to be more independent.

The art was fun again. Liberty drew her self-portrait today, and Ainsley drew a non-representational piece, loosely based on the designs of our hand carved African giraffe. We also completed another 2 lessons in math, some phonics, and a few other things.

Whoa, the news looks drunk . . .fix it please!!

Watched gymnastics again tonight, this time the girls. What a fantastic show. I cannot wait for the individuals and the all-arounds. And can I say how much I love love love Bela.

And now I really need to get some sleep. I think that school is going really well, and I am so pleased at how hard my girls are trying to get along, and to learn. Its adorable that they are having so much fun. I couldn't be more pleased. I think it is only going to get better once the rest of our supplies actually arrive. And as silly as it probably is, I am seriously considering turning the playroom into the school room, now that it is all set up as the playroom! I think I am loosing my mind. I just need to get my hiney in gear and finish the basement schoolroom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment