Who I am...

Just more rambling from yet another homeschooling mom. I hope that I can honestly share my struggles and triumphs in this journey. I would love to inspire and encourage others, because if I can do it - so can you!!

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

schooling, cooking, baking, studying, working, photographing, eating, writing, playing, learning, praying, loving, imagining, creating, crying, hugging, laughing, giggling, mess-making, sleeping

Blogger ate my posts

That is weird, the last two days of posts didn't actually publish. Not that I had anything truly remarkable to say, but hmm. . . . I will have to look around my computer and see if I can find them.

Yesterday we had a very pleasant day of school. Liberty is really starting to fall into a nice pattern, and is working very hard. Ainsley is taking a bit more to motivate her, but once she got going she completed five chapters in Pippi Longstocking. All she has left is the unit review. Its a lot of writing, so I may have her only write down the answer to the first question (3 paragraphs!) and then orally answer the rest. The actual writing is still very painfully slow for her. And even though she is really trying hard to write her answers, it is definitely still a struggle. I also need to install her new typing program.

I have also registered for a weekly coop and have an orientation meeting this Thursday. It should be a good thing for the girls. It is all K12 students, and they get together to do Science, History, Art, Music, and PE. I am not sure how it will work for music, since my kids are not enrolled in Music but in Foreign Language. But it would be great if they could do music as well.

I think I am also going to start them in children's choir at church. I think it is for 1st grade and up, but I may see if I can help out and let Melody participate as well. She loves to sing and dance and can carry a tune really nicely. I loved choir as a kid, but since this one is on Saturday nights, it has been hard for us to be motivated to join. It would be easier if it were during the week or on Sunday Mornings.

I am supposed to be putting together Kevin's lunch, and he is almost ready to go. We also need COFFEE. I am hoping that today goes just as smoothly or moreso than yesterday!

1 comments:

  1. Me said...
     

    You are a strong woman. I have not the discipline or sanity to be a stay at home mom. I admire your ability.

    Hope things work out for choir to happen!

    J.
    http://www.somepeoplecallmemom.com

Post a Comment