Who I am...

Just more rambling from yet another homeschooling mom. I hope that I can honestly share my struggles and triumphs in this journey. I would love to inspire and encourage others, because if I can do it - so can you!!

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

schooling, cooking, baking, studying, working, photographing, eating, writing, playing, learning, praying, loving, imagining, creating, crying, hugging, laughing, giggling, mess-making, sleeping

What a morning. . .

I cannot believe the ridiculousness that has been this morning. Ugh ugh ugh. Was shocked out of bed by massive shattering glass. In my suddenly awakened brain, I saw flashes near the skylight of our bedroom and thought it was the skylight crashing down on us. I screamed, and had a near fatal heart attack. Then I hopped out of bed and realized the cat had knocked over the door mirror which had recently been dislodged from its home on the back of the bedroom door. The next hour, until around 6 am, was spent in gloves and shoes cleaning up tiny shards of broken glass spread up and down the staircase, upstairs hall, our bedroom, the landing, the main floor, and the sitting room next to the stairs. My vacuum was doing overtime, and apparently had recently been lowered so it tore up little bits of carpet while I used the hose. I need one of those vacuums that turns of the stupid brushes when the hose is engaged. Crap.

My girls woke up cranky and fighting. I am cranky and fighting. I have too much to do, not enough time to do it, and am blogging instead because I can't seem to get my brain to actually function properly. The only thing keeping my eyes open is the fact that I was asleep before 10pm. Was supposed to have a date night with my husband, but am not really feeling it, we have to be at Focus on the Family at 6:30 in the morning tomorrow. Think I am going to be dropping off my girls for the night, going straight home and going to bed.

In the meantime, I am crossing my fingers that I can win a free handbag from http://www.handbagplanet.com/ My purse from Target is falling apart, and the strap is set to break any day now. And since I am not a purse person, and don't care too much about my purse looking fashionable, the only way for me to get a stylish replacement is to win one! Maybe you could win too, just don't pick the same bag as me! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment