Who I am...

Just more rambling from yet another homeschooling mom. I hope that I can honestly share my struggles and triumphs in this journey. I would love to inspire and encourage others, because if I can do it - so can you!!

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

schooling, cooking, baking, studying, working, photographing, eating, writing, playing, learning, praying, loving, imagining, creating, crying, hugging, laughing, giggling, mess-making, sleeping

Rain, rain, rain



The excitement for the day was a huge monsoon, complete with lightning and thunder directly overhead. The street flooded, and the yard got marshy. So fun.

Still working on less criticism, more patience. A massive tantrum was thrown this morning, and I kept my cool, held the child accountable, and eventually got the situation resolved peaceably. I am proud of my girls for working hard to get along together. Ainsley even cleaned the catbox today without a single whine. And she said she is going to try harder to remember to clean it every day so it stays nice and clean for Molly. She and I had a good snuggle tonight, and I was able to tell her how proud I was of her attitude and helpfulness today. I sure do love that kid.

Melody has been such a crankypants lately. I don't know what is up with her, but she is rubbing everyone the wrong way. I am trying to help her work through whatever it is, but, ugh, I have no idea what is going on.

Tomorrow we are going to the park to meet some of the COVA teachers. I was on the phone with K12 today trying to find out why we still don't have any curriculum. It normally arrives 2 weeks before school starts, and now it looks like it won't be here until a day or two before school starts. I would love more time to look over everything, so this stresses me out quite a bit. I am trying to have patience!

And why is it that I cannot bake anything at this altitude? Chocolate Chip Cookies are not as yummy when they are the consistency of toffee :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment