Who I am...

Just more rambling from yet another homeschooling mom. I hope that I can honestly share my struggles and triumphs in this journey. I would love to inspire and encourage others, because if I can do it - so can you!!

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

schooling, cooking, baking, studying, working, photographing, eating, writing, playing, learning, praying, loving, imagining, creating, crying, hugging, laughing, giggling, mess-making, sleeping

My poor laptop

It is falling apart like crazy. I am waiting for a new peice to arrive, but I was just trying to open my screen a bit, and noticed it won't even open properly anymore!

Today, it as rainy again, but we let the girls go out and jump on the trampoline a bit for the first time in weeks. They had a good time, and it helped them get their wiggles out. Didn't do too much today otherwise. Played lots of board games, did a bit of baking, and cleaned around the house. Kevin got a haircut and worked out at the Y.

I am watching the Olympics now. Wow, those Chinese guys are good. And the guys on the USA team, a couple of them have biceps the size of CANTALOUPES! The guys that were in gymnastics at the gym I grew up in were never that buff, lol. (For some reason my spell checker just forgot how to spell never and said I spelled it wrong, weird.)

Still working on the criticism thing with my kids. I am reading chapter 2 of my book, while simultaneously re-reading You Can't Make Me; But I Can Be Persuaded by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias. It is a great book if you are a parent of a strong-willed child. I highly recommend it.

I am knitting a scarf while watching the olympics, and my girls want to learn how to knit. I think we will go to knitting club at the Y on Tuesday, maybe someone there can help them learn, as they seem to not like learning how to knit from me. For some reason, they ask me to teach them, and then run away aw soon as I set them up to learn! No patience for it I guess.

Ok, Michael Phelps is about to swim, time for me to go now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment