Who I am...

Just more rambling from yet another homeschooling mom. I hope that I can honestly share my struggles and triumphs in this journey. I would love to inspire and encourage others, because if I can do it - so can you!!

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

schooling, cooking, baking, studying, working, photographing, eating, writing, playing, learning, praying, loving, imagining, creating, crying, hugging, laughing, giggling, mess-making, sleeping

Colorado Balloon Classic, Day 2

This morning I dragged myself out of bed. No, wait, Kevin kicked me out of bed. Yes, he shoved me out of bed because I couldn't figure out why the music was on in my room, in the dark, in the middle of the night. At 5:45 am. I threw on my clothes, this time with my shirt right-side out, and went to the kitchen to start some water for coffee. Did you know that the thought of making yourself a cup of coffee at 5 in the morning, doesn't translate to giving you a caffeine boost if you don't actually make that cup of coffee? It's true.
Colorado Balloon Classic
Kevin kindly got the girls up and to the potty for me. I poured Liberty and Melody each a bowl of cheerios, and dressed them while they sleepily shoveled food into their maws. They had their typical morning argument, completely in whispers. Why did I think it would be a good idea to take these two? At least they were quiet while they accused each other of staring . . . Oh my.
Colorado Balloon Classic
We grabbed three cameras and headed out the door in tennies and sweatshirts and holey jeans. And a snow white headband.
Colorado Balloon Classic
We made it down to the park again just as the balloons were rising! We have impeccable timing. This time, we parked closer to the far side of the lake, and watched as the balloons rose up over the trees, skimmed across the lake, and headed straight for us! It was pretty exciting. Melody was interested for approximately 30 seconds, give or take 15. She took a handful of pictures, and then spent her time alternately whining about breakfast (which I had been sure to feed them before we left for this very reason) and throwing clods of mud into the lake. Occasionally her spirits were lifted by a PINK! balloon, a garish yellow balloon shaped like a chicken head wearing a bow tie, and Noah's Ark. Though to ask her afterward, she had a fabulous time, and of course she would like to go to the glow tonight. We'll see about that.
Colorado Balloon Classic
Liberty was a great photography partner. She helped me switch my lenses. She pointed out all sorts of lovely balloons with unique markings. She loved the Old Fashioned Patriotic Balloon with Swags and Stars and Stripes. It was my favorite balloon too! She only occasionally asked about breakfast. Mostly to be sure that we were in fact going to eat at a restaurant exactly like the one Ainsley ate at yesterday.
Colorado Balloon Classic
We walked around the lake towards the festivities, but I knew we were on a tighter schedule, so we didn't actually go all the way to the concessions and launching area today. We found out that there is swimming at the lake for $3 a day for kids, and boat rentals, and a nice playground, and fishing! The girls really want to go back with their fishing poles. We also didn't see any tadpoles this time which was quite disappointing to Liberty.
Colorado Balloon Classic
Afterward, we headed back up to IHOP with very hungry tummies. The last time we ate at IHOP, about 6 months ago, they were having a Horton Hears A Who promotion, and my girls were sorely disappointed when the Seuss-like creations were missing from the menu. But a "Create-a-face" pancake was tolerable substitute. That, and I let them sample some of every type of syrup. Melody just had to tell the waitress how much she loves tomatoes and enchiladas. Liberty was a bit tired and cranky at this point, and I was glad we were close to home. The poor kid sounds like she is hacking up a lung. But I am glad she was able to make it out to see tha balloons. And while it wasn't quite the peaceful, meandering adventure of yesterday, it was still a nice time. It's amazing how taking just one child out of the equation makes them so much easier to handle! The rest of the day is going to be filled with regular Sunday activities, with the possiblilty of going to the glow tonight if the weather stays nice. We've never actually made it to a glow, the weather is usually too cold, rainy, or windy! Or the kids are too cranky . . .
Colorado Balloon Classic
Tomorrow should be nice too. Kevin has the day off, and I might just venture down to the park for one more photo excursion! Hopefully Kelly will come along too!
Colorado Balloon Classic
The pictures so far have all been mine; I am going to dedicate and entire post to the girls' pictures, sometime in the next couple of days . . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment