Who I am...

Just more rambling from yet another homeschooling mom. I hope that I can honestly share my struggles and triumphs in this journey. I would love to inspire and encourage others, because if I can do it - so can you!!

WHAT TO EXPECT . . .

schooling, cooking, baking, studying, working, photographing, eating, writing, playing, learning, praying, loving, imagining, creating, crying, hugging, laughing, giggling, mess-making, sleeping

Rainy rainy day . . .

Wait, didn't I have a very similar title already? Well, today was rainy all day. It was damp when it wasn't raining.

It was actually quite lovely. It really hasn't stopped drizzling, and it has been cool and cozy. I would even almost welcome a fire in the fire place. I can see autumn coming, and its thrilling. I love fall. I love winter.

School is starting soon. We've purchased school supplies; I love the smell of new erasers! The girls got to meet one of the COVA teachers at the park yesterday. I had a nice chat with her, and she seems to really understand homeschoolers. I was wondering what the attitude of the "teacher" was going to be, and I was definitely pleasantly surprised. It would be nice if she were the teacher I ended up with!

In other news, I discovered (via a friend) phonezoo.com today. So fun! I have been searching through available ringtones and adding lots of crazy things to my phone. Highlights include the theme to The Office, The Funny Farm, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, and various musicals. I also made of bunch of my own ringtones from my iTunes library. The best part is that it is super simple, and free! You can see my ringtones if you add me as a friend, my phone zoo name is Strawberree. Bonus points if you understand my user name!

I also cleaned a vast majority (or maybe just a large percentage) of the basement and the kitchen. We read lots of books, and discussed more about school. The girls are getting very excited about this new school venture. I think they are going to be thrilled when their books finally arrive!

Hmm, maybe I can convince my sweaty husband to watch a movie with me . . . He isn't always sweaty, he just got home from the gym. And we are going back again tomorrow together, which makes twice this week. (3 times for him) Oh, and just so you know, we make a pretty awesome Rockband. Maybe we will do that instead of watching a movie. Perhaps this time I will even let him play the drums. But he shouldn't count on it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment